Is your smile letting you down because of a missing tooth? Then Dental implants can be of great use to replace those decayed teeth and give you a brighter smile. Still, have doubts about dental implants and want to know more about them? Well, then you are at the right place.
What exactly is a dental implant?
Dental implants are used to replace the root area of the missing tooth with a metal post. It interfaces with the jaw and skull bones to support a dental prosthetic or be the orthodontic anchor.
With regular brushing and flossing, the implants will last a lifetime just if have an appointment with the dentist every six months. There are three kinds of dental implants that you can get:
- Using a single dental implant – requires just a single crown and post to replace just one missing tooth. This will completely replace your tooth from the root to the peak. If the patient has just a single missing tooth or not an adjacent tooth that they lost, this is the right tooth implant method to go with.
- Implant-supported bridge – There are two crowns on each end in between the artificial tooth or teeth in the dental bridge. So, the implant is attached to teeth. These are attached to the crown that connects to the dental implant.
- Implant retained dentures – These are done when the patient is missing the majority of their teeth in an arch that is upper or lower.
What are dental bridge and their types?
Your dentist can bridge the missing tooth. A dental bridge can also be called a pontic or false tooth, fixed side by the side of the abutment teeth. Pontics can be built with various materials such as gold, although they are typically made up of porcelain as they properly blend with the natural teeth.
There are four types of dental bridges as we have discussed below:
- Conventional – A false tooth is used over here. It is held in its place by caps and crowns dental, which are to be cemented on the nearby teeth. This traditional way of denture is most popular. A dentist can use this if the nearby teeth of the missing tooth are present.
- Cantilever – This is much similar to the conventional type of plantation denture. The false tooth in the cantilever is fixed with the help of a dental crown, which is cemented to a nearby tooth. This procedure can be done even if you have just one proper tooth next to the missing tooth place.
- Maryland – This one is also a little bit similar to the traditional dental bridge, but this employs two nearby natural teeth on both sides of the missing tooth. While in conventional dentures, caps and crowns dental are used. In Maryland, a framework of either porcelain or metal is used that is bonded onto the back of the abutment teeth.
- Implant-supported – These are the most vital kind of plantation dentures. Usually, just one implant is placed surgically over the missing tooth place. Here, two surgeries are to be performed: First, to embed the implant, and Second, to put the bridge surgically.
Why are dental implants so desirable?
Dental implants can be subsequently the most sensible thing after natural teeth. They level up your confidence as they look, feel, and serve better than the natural teeth. They might even provide better long-term worth than old teeth replacement choices.
Here are the five significant advantages of getting tooth implants:
- Comfort and the look – Dental implants are built to look and feel good at the same time. These provide a higher level of confidence to the person. They can smile and eat without worrying. They don’t even have to worry about the implant falling off. Cosmetic dentistry improves the look of the patient’s gums and teeth.
- Reliability and lasts long – If you properly care for it and go for regular 6-month checkups, the implants will last longer than conventional implants.
- More chances of success – If the denture implant is well planned and adequately cared then there are higher chances of success than the conventional procedure. Also, the healthier the person, the higher the chances of a successful implant.
- Improves food eating ability – The denture implants are fitted in the jaw bone and improve the ability to eat food, just like a natural tooth. So, you can chew your food better and talk more clearly.
- Bones and facial bones – The one thing you may not have known is that a dental implant restores the jawbone structure and lessens the stress on other oral systems.
Can you get a dental implant?
Before getting implants, the patient is constantly evaluated. Here are a few things that are to be considered before getting a dental implant:
- Whenever there is a tooth missing, the nearby bones of that missing tooth start to deteriorate. So, the patient must have some proper amount of bone over there.
- Age-tooth implants are said to be more successful in adults.
- Like in most surgeries, the patent must also have good overall health, especially oral health. People who have diabetes, are chain-smokers, or suffer from any other gum problem are not recommended a dental implant.
The dental implants and bridges can cost you $1500 to $15000 depending on the type of bridge you are getting, the number of teeth to be placed, the pontic material, the placement’s complexity, and many other factors.
You know now of the denture bridges, implants, and cosmetic dentistry that you can get and how they can affect your smile or oral health. Remember that these can be short or long-term depending on the person’s health and how they care for their implants.
Also, understand the kind of dental implant you require and the cost and decide which type of surgery you want. Look for the best dentist near to you. Or you can also search for Ideal Smile Dental Care where you can get excellent service for your dental problems.