Our mouth is one of the body’s most sensitive organs as it becomes the critical entry point of harmful germs and bacteria. Besides that, if you have gum disease, that can cause many other issues in your body as the harmful bacteria in your mouth can travel to your throat and then enter your stomach, creating other diseases in your body. Therefore, having a gum disease treatment is very important not only for oral hygiene but also for the overall health of your body.
The cost of gum treatment can vary depending on the place and severity of your gum disease. For instance, gum disease treatment in Plantation, Tamarac, Hollywood can range between $100 to $5000. Most of the dentists in Hollywood FL are affordable and yet reliable.
What Is Gum Disease?
Gum disease is a severe infection of gum that gets worse with time. However, there are mainly two stages of gum disease:
- Gingivitis – A starting stage of gum disease is known as gingivitis which involves swollen and bleeding gums. Some individuals in their early stages experience no symptoms. Usually, gingivitis can be cured with timely treatment.
- Periodontitis – An advanced stage of gum disease is called periodontitis which occurs when the inner layer of the gum gets away from the teeth. It is also defined as the loss of bone that supports the teeth.
Who Has A High Chance Of Getting Gum Disease?
There are many habits that you should avoid in order to keep your gums healthy and disease-free. Some of these habits are as follows:
- Avoid using tobacco as it not only harms your teeth but also harms your immune system and can also cause cancer.
- You have a high chance of getting gum disease if you have diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, and immune system disorder like HIV and AIDS. It is because the drugs used to cure or treat these issues can be harmful to your gums.
- If you do not maintain good oral hygiene habits, then that can lead to gingivitis and periodontitis.
- If you have crooked teeth, loose fillings, or permanent dental appliances such as bridges that do not fit well can cause gum problems.
- If you have any close family member with a history of early tooth loss or gum disease, then there is a risk that you might suffer from the same.
- Many people observe minor signs of dental problems but ignore them in their daily routine. Avoiding these problems and not consulting the dentist can make the situation even worse.
Read More Related Articles: Treatment for Gum Disease: What You Need to Know
Why Is Successful Gum Disease Treatment Necessary?
Periodontitis treatment is essential as it can also affect your health. The way your skin protects the bones, organs, and muscles of your body, similarly, gums protect your teeth and help hold them in place. Gum disease starts when small food particles are stuck inside the small space between gum and teeth, which slowly converts into plaque. If this plaque is left uncleaned for an extended period, it can cause gums infection.
The gums play an essential part in preventing inflammation that may harm your body. The advanced stage of gum disease can lead to tooth loss, making it difficult to eat. Moreover, gingivitis and periodontitis have been linked to several other health issues like heart disease, premature or low-weight babies during birth, diabetes, lung disease, arthritis, and stroke.
How To Prevent Gum Diseases?
You can save yourself from a whole lot of problems, including pain, money, and aggravation, by just following simple steps as follows:
- Maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Flossing once a day.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Regularly visit the dentist for cleanings and check-ups.
- Avoid bad habits like smoking, intake of alcohol, and chewing tobacco.
- Use mouthwash.
What Are The Symptoms That You Might Be Suffering From Gum Disease?
Generally, most people think that gum disease can be known by pain caused in the gums, but it is not necessary. Sometimes, we do not feel pain while suffering from gum diseases. Therefore, there are many other signs by which you can know whether you have gum disease or not. Some of these symptoms are listed below.
- Swollen or red gums.
- Some areas of your gum appear to get far away from your teeth.
- Chronic bad breath or bad taste.
- Tender and bleeding gums.
- Pain while chewing food.
- Sensitive teeth.
- Loose teeth that can easily shake.
- Losing permanent teeth.
Is Gum Disease Common?
According to the estimation of the U.S. Department of health and human service, 1 out of 7 adults between the age of 35 to 44 experience some form of gum disease, from gingivitis to advanced periodontitis. However, 1 out of 4 adults has gum disease at the age of 65. Moreover, according to a report estimated by the American Academy of periodontology, 20 to 30 percent of adults suffer from severe gum disease, which can even put them at the risk of losing teeth.
It is often observed that gum disease affects women less than men. One common reason for this might be the smoking habits of men. Men smoke relatively more than women, and it has been observed that up to 90% of individuals who smoke suffer from severe gum disease. Besides that, it is assumed that women keep more oral hygiene than men.
Many individuals do not take dental problems seriously, which can be very harmful at times. However, gum diseases are one of the dental issues that are suffered by many people today. On average, 1 out of 5 adults in America suffers from gum disease.
There are two stages of gum disease, gingivitis and periodontitis. They can be caused by numerous reasons like improper oral hygiene, intake of alcohol, smoking, and many more. They can be prevented by brushing twice a day and proper flossing.
Moreover, to know you have gum disease, there are many symptoms such as swollen or red gums, sensitive teeth, and much more. To quickly observe these signs and take proper treatment on time is very necessary as avoiding it can open the doors to many other health issues like heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, stroke, and many others. You can consult a dentist in Plantation, Tamarac, Hollywood fl to get accurate treatment for your dental issues.
Give Us a Call!
Are you looking for a successful gum disease treatment? Call Ideal Smiles Dental Care in Plantation, Tamarac and Hollywood, FL for a free consultation by calling Plantation – (954) 869-9106, Hollywood – (954) 807-2357, Tamarac – (954) 280-5359 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, We’re located on 12235 W. Sunrise Blvd. Plantation, FL 33323, 6779 Taft St. Hollywood, FL 33024, 6536 N University Tamarac, FL 33321, United States. Book an appointment with us right away!